Established in 1941, The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is an international professional association with global headquarters in Lake Mary, Florida, USA. The IIA is the internal audit profession’s global voice, recognized authority, acknowledged leader, chief advocate and principal educator.
Membership grew quickly. It went from the original 24 members who established the IIA, to currently more than 193,000 members in 170 countries.
IIA Lebanon is the local chapter of The Institute of Internal Auditors.
Our goal is to link the professional association of internal auditors to the outside world. By becoming a member, fellow professionals, external auditors, IT auditors, government auditors, assurance providers, consultants, educators, students, and all interested parties are invited to learn more about internal auditing and its developments.
IIA Lebanon’s mission includes but is not restricted to shedding light on the new concepts related to internal audit and its role in maintaining the transparency and compliance with laws and international standards which contribute to safeguard the organizations and help achieving their objectives. In order to promote further the role of internal audit, advocate sound corporate governance and enhance internal auditors’ proficiency, IIA Lebanon partnered with many institutions during 2017 to organize the below trainings:
- Internal Audit & Audit Committee: Agents for a Sustainable Performance Workshop (IIA Lebanon, ESA & BDL)
- 2017 Annual Internal Audit Forum: The Evolving Role of Internal Audit (IIA Lebanon, UAB & WUAB)
- Cyber & Technology Risk & Audit Fundamentals (IIA Lebanon & Deloitte)
- Emerging IT Risks (IIA Lebanon & Deloitte)
- CMA Regulations & Internal Controls (IIA Lebanon & Capital Markets Authority)